Saturday, January 10, 2009

Beyond Reengineering performed by Michael Hammer

I recently had a chance to finish Mr.Hammers' book Beyond Reengineering. It was pleasant activity that I had during the vacation. Reading the book I had an insight that this book is a bit far from nowadays organizations where people, even managers and owners come to spend their time and concentrate on daily operational activities. Hence, I decided to check the date of publication. And when I saw 1996, I was a bit shocked...

Later, I had a chance to read comments on a book and understand that not everything is so bad and we are still not following any organization. It is just author who is visionary consultant who described the model of future organizations. Yeap, elements of his description are currently implementing but, not all. It is nearly impossible to leave staff without the functional and administrative responsibilities chart and provide them process oriented organizations chart which provided Mr. Hammer. They will just get lost in it. Since they found lost of blank areas on it.

However, today I read that Mr.Hammer died at his 60 in 2008. Sad...

No comments: