Friday, July 31, 2009

Why to work???

Strange... Do I need to work??? If yes, then why??? Question everything, does not really mean just, asking question. It means try to understand the reasons behind decisions and behavior.

In this perspective, trying to answer to the question I will go back to Maslow's hierarchy. Even, it is too classic. We get security, socialize and realize our ambitions.

Then, comes the question when to leave/quit the job and start the new one. Back to Maslow, when you will loose all attributes of the hierarchy. Or may be when you feel that this hierarchy disappears.

But, in reality perception of danger in human is too different from the hierarchy. Small interview makes me clear that people may quit their job just because you said something wrong. But, then where to put Maslow's concept.

Even, if I am not psychological professional I get understand that it is important to divide decisions taken under the emotional pressure or let us say irrational decisions and rational ones. Rational ones are those which you take only after evaluation and deep analysis of situation. Irrational you take just because someone was too bad to you. Or you just fed up with the situation. Solution here is, just taking a vacation.

Same as in boxing, you get time out just to analyse situation. Get you focus back and then return to the fight.

Unfortunately, most people see work environment as an arena. Some shows their beauty, others power etc. It is even strange that people do not want (now I consider management as a part of society and refer to them as to people)to understand that in a company we have common goal. That goal is not to eliminate someone, it is the company targets which will guarantee our job security.

Yes, I get my reply nobody cares about us, management just gets their money and bonuses. But, where is sustainable growth. In modern world, it is impossible to do something and then to hide it. Somewhere, someone will bring this issue up and somebody will lose her reputation.

That is the point. Understand why you are working? How you own targets are related to the company targets? Understand can you change you targets if they are against of company? If not where you can go? And then, just do it...

3 comments:

Rüstəm Məmmədov said...

I would try to change the company goals, I'd try to carry the company where I myself would like to be, and 'd like to see. Whenever I can't, I'd leave, and find out a company which will be open to my goals to be realized.

Karim Mammadov said...

Sounds great...But, sometimes your idea is not working. I just can not find anything better. You just do not want to challenge your safety and security. If you can then, you may say that you just did it.
I have a friend who quit his job just because to prove himself that he can work without being employed and he still continues on his hard way. Are you really ready for this?

Rüstəm Məmmədov said...

Not yet:((
Must be honest: not so much ready, but I prepare myself.